Start Your Career at HPA Today!
High Performance Alloys (HPA) is looking for career driven candidates who are looking for employment opportunities in the ever-expanding field of high-performing alloys. This year we are expanding our facilities to increase production capacity, and we need high quality candidates like you! Here at HPA, we value you as an individual and stride to retain that small company, family feeling, as we continue to grow our operations! Apply today to join the HPA family and find out how HPA is making space exploration possible!
Main Hours (8am - 8pm EST)
- Headquarters: 8am - 5pm EST
- Sales Offices: 8am - 8pm EST (West Coast: 8am - 5pm PST)
- First Shift: 6:30am - 3pm EST
- Second Shift: 3pm - 11pm EST
- First Shift: 8am - 5pm EST
We are looking for individuals with skills from metal working experience, such as shop class in high school, to metallurgists and everything between! If you do not see your current title available below, then please consider reaching out and tell us about yourself. If you have interest in employment opportunities for a career at HPA, then please reach out to our HR manager, Sutton Krogstie, at 765-945-8230 ext. 100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, availability may take a while to be posted, so check back soon or give us a call toll free at 1-800-HPALLOY.
General Machine Operator
Summary: Sets up and operates variety of machine tools such as saws, and grinders to machine metal workpieces into finished, packaged product by performing the following duties.
*Please, note that this is an overview of this position and is meant for reference only. For a complete description, please request more information from our HR manager.
- Studies work instruction to visualize machining required, and plans sequence of operations.
- Selects method of holding workpiece.
- Lifts workpiece manually or using hoist, and positions and secures it to holding device such as machine table, chuck, centers, or fixture.
- Verifies workpiece position.
- Selects feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, and cutting tool (bar tool, rotary cutter, or abrasive wheel) for each operation.
- Positions and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or toolpost).
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Starts machine, turns handwheel to feed tool in workpiece or vice versa, and engages automatic feeding device.
- Turns valve handle to start flow of coolant against tool and workpiece.
- Observes operation and regulates tool position and action.
- Verifies conformance of machined finished product to specifications.
- Measures, marks, and scribes workpiece to lay out for machining.
- Maintains shop equipment as needed.
- Maintains identity of workpiece throughout process according to procedures.
- Fabricates containers for packaging final product according to work instructions.
- Wraps protective material around product.
- Labels containers, product identification tags, or products.
- Inspects materials, products, and containers at each step of packaging process.
- Measures and records information such as package size and weight.
- Assists Radial Forge Operator with loading material into furnace and removing material from furnace to hot forge or water quench using approved lifting device.
- Assists Radial Forge Operator with maintenance of the radial forge.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to ensure clean and safe work areas.